Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQ's )
- Where is Kaanger Valley Academy located?
Kaanger Valley Academy is located at-Opposite Ravishankar Shukla University Gymnasium Dumar Talab, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- What is so unique about the School?
The school aims to provide quality education in the ideal environment with lush green campus and sports facilities to create the next-generation leaders with intelligence, personality and humanity. The key points of difference are:
- Mahanadi Education Society legacy – Mahanadi Education Society is a 15 years old organization which marks its presence since 2000. This educational organization with its diverse identity is a network of values, systems and relationships.
- Mahanadi Education Society Management – The Members of Mahanadi Education Society are the renowned personalities such as Shri Swaroop Chand Jain- a visionary, philanthropist, political leader, Business Entrepreneur and the first Mayor of the City (Chairman of Mahanadi Education Society); Mr. Shailendra Jain (Secretary of Mahanadi Education Society); Mr. Sanjay Jain (Treasurer of Mahanadi Education Society);Mrs. Sangeeta Jain and Mrs. Rakhi Jain are also prominent members of the governing body.
- Kaanger Valley Academy Principal and Teachers – The selection and recruitment process of principal and teachers is done by Mahanadi Education Society.
- 25 acres of safe, secured campus with all modern built to purpose facilities.
- Truly English Medium School as per CBSE pattern with no homework for Nursery to Grade II
- Professionally managed and well established systems
- Special emphasis on English using reading kits, flash cards etc.
- Facilities for all outdoor games like football ,cricket, lawn tennis, volley ball, basketball ,net ball , tennis , hand ball and Horse Riding .These apart ,the pyramid meditation hall wherein all the students periodically participate in guided meditation programme.
- What kind of curriculum does the School have?
The school follows-Xseed , the curriculum prepared by I Discover-I in line with NCF (National Curriculum Framework) 2005 expectations. Presently, this curriculum is being followed up to class V. Based on 'Experiential learning' this unique curriculum has benefited the teachers and students immensely.
The practices that school follows are:
- Learner centered approach
- Based on Indian culture
- Focus on developing values
- Equal emphasis on academics, sports and life skills
- Activity based teaching is adopted
- Textbook is only a guide – We go beyond the textbook
- Relate concepts to real life
- Multiple Intelligence based lessons
- Out of classroom learning – field trips, community surveys, Achiever meets
- Student mentoring
- Teacher mentoring
- Continuous professional development for teachers
- Independent learning skills inculcate among learners
- Various activities and competition like recitation, elocution, debate etc.
- Continuous assessment through oral & written assignments
- Financial literacy
- How is the curriculum different and what is so special about it?
The School promotes “No Bag-No Exam” policy at primary level .Since all the children are assessed through tests at the end of every chapter in each subject, they are spared from the rigors of examination without any adverse impact .Moreover, the possibility of the fear of the word ‘exam’ in a child’s mind is eliminated .Testing, after all, means examining only. The main postulates of our unique curriculum are-
- Completion of syllabus is not the focus but conceptual understanding is the focus
- Personality of the learner developed
- Rote learning-learning by rote avoided, experiential learning is adopted
- Learning is through activities, learning not for facts and knowledge but for life
- Attitudes and skills inculcated through activities
- Learning through cooperation and sharing
- Projects involving society included
- Fieldtrips, guest speakers, theme & activity based teaching used
- Child is involved in the process of learning
- Creative teaching techniques used
- Individual attention provided to child
- Differentiated instruction planned based on child’s abilities
- No tuition needed unless child has learning difficulties
- Counseling and reinforcement strategies used
- Extra attention is given to the slow learners
- Regular interaction with the parent so as keep the parents inform regularly
- Do you ensure your strength of class conducive to learning?
We strictly restrict the class size up to 32 students whereas the CBSE mandates up to 40 students per class. This ensures that the teacher can impart personal attention to the students and can mould him better according to his/her needs. The maximum student strength for a section of a class from PG to KG is 24, while it is 32 per section in rest of the classes I to XII. The student –teacher ratio in the school is 15:1.
- Does School offer any kind of extra-curricular activities such as Music/ Dance/ Sports etc.? How is this integrated with the time table?
At Kaanger Valley Academy, Raipur we firmly believe that holistic development of the child can be achieved integrating the co-curricular programs such as fine arts, performing arts, sports and games. KVA also encourages students to be creative and independent. Centre for Life Skills (CLS) is a first of its kind initiative that adds value to adolescents and equip them with right skill-sets to deal effectively with the demands and challenges of everyday life.
- Life skills is taught as an independent discipline in the content areas identified.
- It is integrated with teaching of other disciplines of learning.
- Special lectures are organized to sensitize the students on Life skills.
- Cooperation and participation of parents is sought in developing right attitudes to life.
- Horse Riding, Basketball, Lawn Tennis etc. are introduced for the students which will nurture the students love and passion for sports. Students will be keen to take part in various indoor and outdoor sports.
- The pyramid meditation hall wherein all the students periodically participate in guided meditation programme is the most unique and attractive spot in the campus to provide guided spiritual knowledge as an essence of moral development.
- What will be the School timings?
Day Boarder Full Day-Boarder Nursery to KG-II 08:35 AM to 12:40 PM 08:35 AM to 04:20 PM Classes –I to X 08:35 AM to 02:30 PM 08:35 AM to 04:20 PM Saturdays 08:35 AM to 12:45 PM 08:35 AM to 12:45 PM Class XI-XII 08:00 AM to 01:20 PM ( Mon-Sat )
No class for Nursery to KG-II on Saturdays. No classes for I to V on first Saturday of every month
- How big is the campus?
The school is spread over an area of 25 acres and has facilities for all outdoor games like football, cricket, lawn tennis, volley ball, basketball, net ball, tennis, hand ball and Horse Riding. Also it has fully residential accommodation for girls with facilities like Wi-Fi and dining.
- Whether Transport facility is available?
Yes, transport is available from areas decided by the school management.
- What are the facilities on campus?
There are various facilities through which the school promotes the all round growth of their personalities. Some of them are listed below-
- Centre for Life Skills
- Art and Craft Studio
- Dance Studio
- Music Room
- Language Lab
- Math Lab
- Science Lab (Chemistry, Physics & Biology)
- Computer Lab
- Business Lab (for senior classes)
- Vocation Lab (for senior classes)
- Multipurpose Activity Hall
- Open Air Theater
- Skating Rink
- Kids Play Area and Splash Pool
- Pyramid Meditation Centre
- What is the School’s approach to student’s safety & security?
Child is our responsibility till he/she is in school. School buses are GPS enabled and have adequate safety measures like emergency phone numbers, fire extinguisher, first aid box, etc. GPS access is also given to parents to track buses. Our staff including a female staff would be there in buses with the students to keep a strict watch on the progress of his/her child.
The campus is under the CCTV Surveillance to monitor the activities and movements on campus. The school will be having Access Control Gates for the safety of students and staff.
- What medical assistance will be provided to a child if he/she gets sick/injury?
The school is having a well equipped infirmary to take care of the children who are not feeling well. The care givers take proper care of the student and in case of need parents are contacted by the class teacher or the coordinator. A full-time nurse and a doctor on call are available in the school campus.
- Who will be assisting for registrations at KVA?
You can contact our Parents Relations Officer or Counselor who will assist you with all relevant details about the admission procedure. Please check the contact details for further enquiry.
- Where can I get the application form for KVA? What are the documents required for registration?
Application forms are available at Kaanger Valley Academy Office. The forms can also be downloaded through our website.
Following are the documents required for registration-
- Copy of student’s birth certificate.
- 6 Recent passport size photographs of student.
- 2 Recent passport size photographs of parents or guardian.
- Annual Mark Sheet or Report Card of previous school attended.(if applicable)
- Original Transfer certificate from the previous school attended.(if applicable)
- Caste Certificate (only if applicable)
- How can I apply for a job at KVA?
You can visit the Careers-Current Vacancies section in our website and apply online. You will be further called for an interview once the form is verified and selected by the School Managing Committee.